- Antifreeze is a poisonous liquid used in cars. It has a sweet taste that children and animals like. If even a little is swallowed, it can be harmful and can cause kidney damage and death.
- Keep antifreeze, household cleaners, and all chemicals in the containers they came in with a tight cap and keep away from children and pets.
- Before throwing away an antifreeze container, rinse it with water, and replace the safety cap.
- Salt used on driveways and sidewalks in winter can harm a pet or child if eaten.
- Store such salt out of reach and in a locked cabinet.