Alcohol

Alcohol consumption can be extremely dangerous in adults, teens, children and pets. Acute alcohol intoxication can cause everything from vomiting to seizures, arrested breathing and even death. You should not drink to get drunk.

Keep all alcohol away from children and pets. Make sure to clean up after a party to prevent unintentional consumption of alcohol. If you come across someone that is unconscious, in a deep sleep, or having trouble breathing after consuming alcohol, call 911 and get them to an emergency room.

If someone ingested antifreeze or windshield washer fluid by accident or in an attempt to get drunk, this person needs immediate medical attention. These substances can cause life threatening effects.

If you have a question about alcohol, remember help is just a phone call away. 800-222-1222.